The world of ecommerce is exploding. There is a shopping boom in the digital market as sites like Snapdeal, FlipkartAmazon etc. are attracting a huge traffic everyday by announcing massive sales & discounts. Eying this, ecommerce sites emerge as the best way to reach out to targeted consumers using the rock solid marketing & operational infrastructure support these ecommerce sites provide.
Sites like Amazon and Flipkart have revolutionized the concept of shopping. Flipkart alone as the biggest Indian store for electronics had a revenue of 1 billion USD in 2013-14 with a staggering 2.6 crore registered consumers. Selling on Flipkart, Snapdeal or any of these ecommerce sites offers a huge opportunity to startups not only to gain business but also to promote their brands for future growth.
Selling On Flipkart and Ecommerce Sites
Selling on any of the major ecommerce sites like Snapdeal, Flipkart and Amazon is not a daunting task at all. All it takes is a registration process requiring valid documentation to get started. In most cases these sites offer registration for established businesses and new entities. In the case of new entities or businesses certain tax formalities are required.
Seller registration process on majority of ecommerce sites is very intuitive which includes step by step instructions on a guided tour. It is very difficult to get lost. The process is DIY (Do It Yourself) and you hardly need any assistance of customer care representatives.
Common documents required to get registered on Snapdeal or Flipkart are:
- Name, email address and phone number
- Business address
- Documents of business registration
- Documents of tax registration
- Declaration by proprietor and proof of bank account ownership
- Bank account details registered with onsite payment gateway
- Passport details, pan card, voters id card and drivers license if any
- Identity verification from public authority or gazette officer
- Address proof ( telephone bill, electricity bill, bank account,
- Business Property rental or ownership documents.
- Tin registration numbers (Vat, income tax, sales tax, CST)
- Business registration and article of incorporation
- Company memorandum in case of private ltd company
- Certificate of registration
Dos and Don’ts of Selling On Ecommerce Sites
- Be clear why do you want to sell on third party ecommerce sites – to generate sales, improve brand awareness
- Chalk out an effective selling plan of how many units you target to sell online? Who is your target audience? What are the products you would be most efficient in producing for higher volume of sales.
- Always ensure that your product carries a relevant description. In case of product categories like home & kitchen appliances, electronics, product information must include technical specifications. Product images with different views (top, front, rare) are extremely useful.
- Gather genuine product reviews and ratings which not only wins consumer goodwill but also aids conversions to sales
- Create a logo and a brand entity so that consumers register you
- Ensure you list your products in the right categories
- Sturdy packaging, prompt deliveries and proactive customer service gain you a great deal of credibility on ecommerce
- Respond to customer complaints promptly. Accept complaints regarding exchanges and refunds without delay.
- Offer good deals & discounts along with quality products to drive sales. This is the key to sale online.
- Do not misrepresent yourself under a different brand name you do not own
- Do not list products that are featured in the restricted categories
- Always abide by the guidelines of the ecommerce site and do not indulge in price fixing
- Do not indulge in opening multiple accounts
- Do not list items that are out of stock
- Do not delay shipping orders and never provide inaccurate tracking information about shipments
- Do not attempt to deal directly with customers until and unless the site permits you to do so
Professional services to help you sell on Snapdeal, Flipkart and Amazon
MyEfilings.com is a one stop shop for all online professional services like Business registrations, Tax Registrations, Legal & accounting services. MyEfilings makes it easy for you to start selling on ecommerce sites like Snapdeal & Flipkart by offering a range of services such as
- Registration of business and product listing on various ecommerce site
- Acquiring necessary business registrations like trade license etc
- Tax registrations (Vat, CST, Sales Tax and Income Tax numbers)
- Recruitment of trained staff / identifying right outsourcing partners
- Locating warehouse space for storage
Though the process of starting a business on ecommerce sites is simple it is a long and arduous task. MyEfiling will simplify your process by addressing all your concerns and taking charge of the entire startup operation so that you start selling on Snapdeal Flipkart or Amazon with no hassles incurred.
Contact us at +91 22 65626270 / 80 or drop an enquiry at email@example.com to benefit from our ecommerce package for startups.