Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a unique ten digit alphanumeric number issued by the Income Tax Department in India. PAN can be issued to any person who applies for it. PAN is required for filing of Income Tax Returns, opening of Bank Account etc. Almost all the transactions are tracked through PAN by the Income Tax Department. Therefore it is very important for every citizen of India to obtain PAN. PAN is issued in form of a laminated card, which is commonly called PAN Card. Sometimes a PAN Card holder may require change name on PAN Card. Reason for change of name on PAN Card may be various such as misspelled name on PAN Card, change of name of PAN Card holder, wrong Date of Birth on PAN Card, change of name after marriage etc.
Change of name on PAN Card can be done easily through MyEfilings. MyEfilings offers online PAN Card application facility. For making PAN Change request you may follow the steps as given below:
- Click here to go to the Apply for Re-print of Page;
- Choose a suitable option of PAN Service;
- Sign-up if you are a new user else sign in;
- Fill self explanatory PAN Card Change request form;
- Make online payment of fees;
- PAN Change Request form will be sent to your mail box immediately;
- Attach selected documents, affix photo and sign with blue pen;
- Send it through courier at the address given in the mail. If you have opted for document collection, a person from our office will come and collect documents.
Online application of PAN Card was never so easy. Click here to apply for your PAN Card online.